Thursday, November 22, 2007

Mouth Wash

Sam and Hannah are a bunch of fun to listen to at times. They both really enjoy telling each other what to do at times. More so than any other combination of siblings in our family.
When we were at the hotel yesterday Sam asked if he could use the mouth wash. You know the stuff that sits on the counter in the bathroom with the soap, shampoo, etc. I told all the kids not touch the food items in the room, we would have to pay for those if they ate them. So he asked before he got into the other stuff. I explained to Sam the Shampoo, Soap, and other toiletries were our to use, and that he could keep it if he wanted to.
Hannah saw Sam stick the little bottle of mouth wash in his pocket, and says to Sam "You'd better put that back. We'll have to pay for it." Sam says "No we won't." Hannah replies "Well than that's stealing if your not going to pay for it." Sam "No Hannah, you don't get it. Ask Dad." I explain to her the how the bathroom stuff is ours to use. Hannah not wanting to lose this argument says to Sam while walking away "Well.....I wouldn't want to put that in my mouth after all the other people who stayed here before us did."
I liked this argument so much I decided to agree with Hannah "That's a good point Sam, I don't think I'd put that in my mouth if that were the case." Sam "Noooo. Nobody has used this.......right?"
That Hannah is a quick thinker. Gets it from her mom I think.

No comments: