Monday, November 12, 2007

AHHH! Children!

I came home from work the other day and Georgia said "I got the cops called on me." I laughed and asked her "what are you talking about?"



She talked at a million miles per hour, and I really didn't follow much of the story. I got some of the key facts, and then I asked Hannah "what's she was talking about?" So Hannah says "yeah we got the cops called on us!"



The first time through the story I didn't hear (and I'm sure it wasn't stated) that there were other kids present. So I asked Hannah the story, and I was still a bit confused. I kept thinking they aren't telling me something.



So then I asked Suzi "what the heck they are talking about?" She explained that, yes, in fact the kids did get the "cops called on them."



I love that all my kids refer to the police as "cops." What a bunch of hoodlums. I'd really be concerned if they called the police the "po-po." Then I'd be certain they were involved with the criminal elements in Lodi.



So here's the jist of the story after speaking to multiple sources. Suzi was having a meeting at the house with her counslers, and secratary for the primary at our house. There were too many kids so she sent Patrick, Sam, Hannah, Georgia, and a few other kids to the school around the corner to play at the play ground.



There appearently was an "old lady" (I wonder how old this lady was, I think it's a lady in her mid 50's who constantly walks for fitness purposes around the neighborhood while talking on her cell phone) on a walk and she saw the kids playing outside and asked Hannah "where do you kids live?" Hannah said "we live around the corner and we play here all the time." The lady appearently responded something like "well you kids seem lost/ aren't being watched." Hannah replied "My brother Patrick is over there, and he's watching us." Appearently Patrick was playing soccer out on the grass, and the "old lady" didn't find this response satisfactory. So she told the kids that she would call the police. She did, and then left.



The po-po showed up within a 10 minutes or so looking for lost children, and Patrick told him the story and explained the kids are with me. He said great, and off he went.

3 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

What a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Josh said...

Great story! It actually sounded like the "*#%@*% COPS" handled this situation well. The kids may have got way to much of a rush off getting the "COPS" called on them.

Anonymous said...

where were you sean???