Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Derby In Lodi


Well we made a good showing again this year. Sam and I always build a contender. We've won a some, and come real close on others. We won the Rain Gutter Regatta one year, came in top five in the Rocket Ship racing, and last year we finished in a controversial 3rd in the derby.
Sam thinks the guy who finished in second may have cheated. So does Sam's mom. So does a lot of other kids, but from what I heard it wasn't the boy that cheated. It was his parents that were running the race. It still burns Sam, whenever he sees the kid someplace he tells me the story. It's kid of funny. I was out of town unfortunately on race day last year.
This year we our car ran really well. We finished 3rd again. It was a close one too. Within a car length.
A couple of other races were really close! There is a photo of one race where it was a photo finish. Without the picture it was too hard to tell. It's a gold car, and a black and white striped car.
Anyhow good year. Sad part, that was my last year. Boy Scouts don't race, just Cubs. Sam will be a boy scout next year, and I've got no more baby boys.
This was my favorite car on looks. Sam and I did a good job. (And Suz, she did the paint.)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Uncle Sean:
You can come and help Connor with his derby car in say....oh, eight years. :)