Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Stadium Of Fire!

The is was the first time in a while we decided to go to the Stadium of Fire! We had a great time! Our evening began with four parachuters (is that a word?) dropping into the Stadium of fire. Yes that flag did touch the ground, and yes the boys did point out that the American flag wasn't suppose to touch the ground.
Holy thousands of tiny dancers.
Among them was Corbin Blue (Bleu? Blew? Bloughe? Blu?) I don't know. Hannah, and Georgia kind of dig him. He's the boy skipping rope with all the hair.
Still has to be my favorite part of the day is the fly overs. Love those. 3 of the Pilots were Utahans.
Near the beginning of the show they recognize all of the Veterans in the Stands. As you can see in the photo every branch of the military has a group of representatives there at the show. As they play the theme song (that doesn't sound right "theme song"), anyhow as they play the song for each branch of the military the Veterans in the stands are suppose to stand up when there song is being played. I like it. Neat to see.
Corbin B. doing his thing. Hannah, and Erin are loving it.
Had to get a picture of this gang. I have to tell you, going to concerts with Suz is a bunch of fun. I'm not sure what is more fun to watch, the stage or Suzi. Sitting in the crowd with thousands of other people Suzi and these girls are the only one's up and dancing. Suzi got up with Georgia, and told these other little girls to get on their feet and dance! It was great. I don't know who the little girls are, but I'm telling you they had a much better time than 99% of the people there because Suzi gave them permission to "get up and dance" when everyone else just sat there.
Brooks and Dunn were great. Didn't realize I knew so much of their music. They were a ton of fun. I over heard one of the little girls dancing with Suzi yell "I don't know any of their music, but I like dancing to it!"
A big part of the fun of the show is that the fireworks are launch from right inside the stadium. Maybe it's dangerous, but heck if 45,000 other sheeple are there it can't be dangerous can it?Makes for an awesome show. I liked these 5 guys rein acting the flag posting at Iwo Jima. They stood there like that for what must have been 40 minutes before they finally moved. Nobody I know of got poked in the eye. Well at least not very hard.

Wrapping up the show, unavailing of the giant American flag. Thought I'd point out it's the American flag seeing it's upside down and that might throw off some of you older folk. Not back there the Iwo Jima guys finally are standing up straight. For some reason I like the whole "ant" thing of going home. All the little ants in a big hurry to sit in traffic. I'm sure one of Patricks favorite part of the day is getting to stand on his Holy ground the BYU stadium grass. He's been dieing to get on that grass since he was a little guy. I took him to many a Cougar game when he was a little guy. One time when he was tiny he was wearing his football gear and every thing. He was following me to our seats when I turned to go up to the seats he turned down to get to the grass. I caught him as he was climbing through the rails. Man he cried and cried. "I wanna go play in the game!" "I wanna go play in the game!" Still make me laugh.

Part of the story is that he had never done that before. This time he was wearing his football helmet, and gear. His mom made me take him dressed up like that. I said to her "come on, just tell him to wear the jersey, he'll be OK like that."

Her response you ask "Sean Ryan what kind of Dad are you? Telling you little boy he can't wear that out in public. Look at him, he's cute. Are you embarrassed? Well grow up." Me? "Yes love."

And 10 years later we have a story to write about that day.

1 comment:

Josh said...

GREAT STUFF! I see where the cougar fan came from. You created the monster.