Monday, July 09, 2007

Everyone Loves the Holiday Inn

When we headed out to Utah last week, we left after church on Sunday. We had a very late start. I like driving straight through. That would have put us in Utah at about 3:30am. Suzi worried about me falling asleep and "killing us all." After all I've fallen asleep and killed us all many times before.
After much discussion (5 HOURS OF IT!) I decided maybe I should pull over.
Suzi: "We should pull over. I'm tired."
Sean: "It's a good thing I'm driving then."
Suzi: Well I'm tired, and we should pull over."
Sean: "Then you should continue sleeping."
Suzi: "Well I'm afraid you'll kill us all, so I can't sleep."
Sean: You were sleeping fine 5 seconds ago for the last 2 hours."
Suzi: Yes well now I'm awake, and I can't go to sleep, because you'll kill us all, and I'm going to get a headache."
Sean: "Ok."
Suzi: "Plus, it will be fun."
Sean: "Yes."
Suzi talked me into stopping in Elko to get some sleep. Most drives I go until I get there. Suzi convinced me part of the fun would be staying in a hotel. She was of course right. She was right because I know how to have fun! See the snacks on the counter. Frito's, and bean dip at midnight! What a great late night treat. The five of us put that away in less than 5 minutes. I don't think Suzi touches the stuff. See her she was already in bed in the top photo.
Sleeping arrangement. Hannah and Georgia, Mom and Sam, Dad and Puff.
No one is safe when I have a camera.
Part of the fun of staying in a hotel has to be jumping from bed to bed. Certainly this type of behavior wouldn't be allow at home, but an absolute must for the hotel.
Nice height.
Georgia made it. Looks like she might not in this photo, but don't worry she did. When we woke up Georgia kept on sleeping. So Suzi took everyone down for breakfast. Georgia woke up 15 minutes later and climbed into my bed asked where everyone was. I told her, and she sat and thought quietly. After a few moments laying next to me she said "I've never had breakfast in a hotel before." I said that we'd better hurry and get dressed because breakfast was over in 10 minutes. So we sprinted down stairs, and caught the end of it. She loved it.
I forget about these firsts for the little people. It's a big deal when your a little guy to get to stay in a hotel, and eat snacks late at night, and eat breakfast like a big shot. We had a great time. Just like Suzi said.

No comments: