Monday, July 30, 2007

Jr. High

I drove Patrick to his new school this morning. He's in the G.A.T.E program which wasn't a big deal in elementary school because the gate school is Vinewood, a block from our house. However, in Jr. High the school is in Stockton, about 8 miles away.

Patrick's Schedule:
Algebra: Took that my sophomore year in high school, and my senior year in college, last semester.
Spanish: Senior Year in high school. Que Pasa? Como se dece "C is a passing grade for Sean, but not for Patrick"
Social Studies: Where he will finally be socialized.
P.E./ Tech Lab: Alternates week to week. One week they move, the next week they nerd-ized on a computer.
Science: I remember one thing from 7th grade science. Actually I remember two. One I won't tell you the whole story, but it has to do with the secret question box that we were aloud to place questions for the teacher about maturation. One of the kids put a question in the box that we all thought there was no way in heck that she would answer.....She did. This same teacher had also had a mastectomy. The other day I remember was when she passed around her, I have no idea what the real name for it is? Hmmm. Should have paid a little more attention.
Language Arts: Is this what they now call English? Why can they call Spanish, Spanish, but not English, English? German is probably German. Interesting, probably trying to fool the kids into thinking it will be fun by including the word "Art" in the name of the class. Might work for some.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angie said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! Way to go Puff on being a smart little cookie :). You will love Jr. High :).