Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Quick Hike Up Battle Creek Cayon


Beautiful day for a hike, just a bit hot.
That water fall is about a 70-80 foot drop, and they trail runs right about over the top of it. Made me a bit nervous with these three.

Beautiful canyon empty. We saw one other group in a 2-3 hour trip. Yet the trail head is right there in Pleasant Grove. Amazing, what I wouldn't do to have that trail head here at the edge of Lodi.

"Can we go back yet?" Was the mantra after a while. I had no trouble keeping up going up the hill. Coming down was a little harder.The boys wanted to stop and enjoy the water on the way down. We built a dam for a good 45 minutes. The water was painfully cold. My feet went numb within a couple of minutes. I had to pull them out every couple of minutes to jump start the circulation in them. Not sure how the boys stayed in it for as they did.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Josh said...

Daddy doesn't like the water is too cold!