Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Parade


Our 4th of July is always a good time. Thank goodness we skipped the 10 k Provo run this year, and began with the parade instead. Usually I'm cramping up during the parade from running 10k, and sitting in 99 degree heat dieing of dehydration. Suzi went easy on me this year.

Anyhow, after the parade it's over to Norman and Ingrid's house for a party (I have pictures), and then lunch at Brick Oven (Pictures), a short nap, then a BBQ at the Paul & Karin's (Suzi's parents, and I have pictures), then this year the Stadium of Fire (Forgot my camera, kidding, I have pictures).

By the time we all head off to bed we're worn out, but the Smith family parties hard on the 4th of July. Part of what being a Utah'n is all about. I know they have similar things going on through out the country, but I'm telling you this whole week affair is in Utah is on a different level than anything I've ever experienced. Good times.

2 comments:

Zach said...

What, no pictures of the short nap??

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Skipped the 10K? Whatever. You couldn't run a 10M let alone a 10K. If you watched closely enough, you would have seen this way cool, tall guy speed down University Avenue Wednesday morning as one of the 10K participants.