Friday, July 13, 2007

Norman and Ingrid's

Part of the fun the day of the 4th is getting together with friends and family at Norman and Ingrid's after the parade in down town Provo. The are nice enough to open their yard, and house to the many who show up every year.
Norman coming in to give a brother a hug. The Jacob/Smith family all marry well, and he's one more good example. I have really enjoyed hanging out with Norman and Ingrid, when I can, over the years.
Part of the fun of coming to the post parade bash is seeing family and friends. Ryan and Em were our next door neighbors on Dover in Provo. If it weren't for this gathering I wouldn't get to see these great people every year. One of the many great people I'd love to have in my "Dream neighborhood" if I were allowed to assemble such a thing. I'm not sure if everyone would like to have me in their "dream neighborhood", but I married well and I know they'd love to have Suzi. Therefore I'm in too, sorry part of the deal.
"ONE PERSON ON THE TRAMP AT A TIME PLEASE! ONE AT A TIME PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN, SOMEONE COULD GET HURT, OFF THE TRAMP, ALL OF YOU.......... I give up."
No I didn't really say that. I did take a picture though, smiled, then walked away.

How did I know I was in Utah? Not only did this guy get up and play a few tunes, but it seemed like at least 4 others others got up and jammed too. Seems everyone in Provo plays the guitar and is dieing to sing one of their favorite tunes when they get the chance.

Some of them were good, and others were really quite good. Talentville or something.

3 comments:

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

The Kelly's are #1 on my dream neighborhood list. I don't care what everyone else is telling me either. I say Sean is allowed with Suzi and the kids. Who else can drink a gallon of diet coke and a whole rotisserie chicken at mid-nite with me?