Thursday, July 05, 2007

Are we there yet?

"When are we going to be there?" That question was asked while we were in the suburbs of Sacramento on our way to Utah.

It was funny the first time that I heard it. Just outside SLC it started to drive me nuts.

While we were out in the middle of Nevada I saw this car at a rest stop drive away leaving two kids standing on the curb. It made me laugh as I thought about the absolute madness that must have been going on inside that car for the parents to kick their kids out. (The car did circle back to pick up the kids)

A second thought made me sad as I thought about tall of the absolute madness that must have been going on inside of that car.

When we were just outside Tooele, Utah (30 minutes to SLC) the kids really started to feel how close we were, but at the same time it had the bathroom effect. (The bathroom effect is when you need to go to the bathroom, and the closer you get to the bathroom the worse the pain gets, independent of actual physical need to use the bathroom). I told them to thank their lucky stars the family doesn't live in Colorado.

No comments: