Thursday, May 11, 2006

New York Doll

So I picked up this movie called New York Doll, and thought it might be a bit goofy. It is the true story of a rock star who played hard, lived hard, and had his life fall apart along with the band. Somewhere along that falling apart he converted to Mormonism, and found a little bit of direction in his life. From that point his life had a couple of great suprises that made me glad I bought it.

I was a little concerned going into it that it was going to be a bit of a hokey picture, but was caught off gaurd by how well it was done. It was a great story. Mormon or not, musician or not. Glad I bought it, and if you are like me where you have seen every movie you want to see and aren't sure if there are any good one's left, pick this one up. Let me know what you think. On the www.imdb.com it has a 8.25 rateing out of 10 by the 325 veiwers who have rated it.

Love www.imdb.com by the way. Great site. Fun to tool around on.

No comments: