Friday, May 19, 2006

Georgia at work

I heard Georgia crying downstairs, loud, but not the kind of cry that makes you jump up, and see what the matter is. Just the kind of cry that makes you say "come here and tell me what is wrong". Georgia is like the rest of the kids in the house. Not really fussy, and not overly dramatic.

So I asked her what was wrong, and she said Puffy hit me. So I say jokingly, "want me to go pound him for you" and she say "uh-hu". (I think that spells yes in grunt). So I ask "he hit you huh?" and she says "no". "Oh, he shoved you, you mean?" "No." "He knocked you in some way?" "No". "Well you just told me he hit you, and I just about went and pounded him, what did he do?" "He took the remote."

Well the back story is Patrick had just received a 10 minute uncomfortable talk from me about various issues, and of course crap rolls down hill, so apparently he was taking his misery out on the closest littler person in the house. However Georgia not having anyone to make miserable took it to me who knows that if she says that Patrick hit her he would be in a crap load of trouble. She's no dummy. I don't blame her for trying.

No comments: