Friday, May 26, 2006

My Magnolia Tree



My Magnolia tree should be happy that I don't own a chainsaw, and that I'm too lazy to chop it down (and that the city of Lodi has ordinances about homeowners cutting down the trees in thier front yard).

It really is a pretty tree, all year round green. However, it doesn't drop a leaf until spring. As soon as spring hits it drops leaves until fall. Drives me nuts. It doesn't drop a couple of leaves either, it's like fall in a wind storm all spring and summer. Drives me nuts. You can't see me grass after a weeks worth of leaves.

So I mowed my lawn, no leaves. 5 minutes later second photo, see the leaves. Imagine a weeks worth of leaves. I think I may have bought a different home if I knew about this tree. The boys love it great climbing tree.

I hit my head once every 3 months on the same low hanging branch. I'm ready to cut it off. It's the same limb the boys use to get into the tree.

Count yourself lucky Mr. Magnolia tree, or Mrs. Magnolia tree, or is that Ms. Magnolia tree.

1 comment:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

That would be Mr. Mag to you.