Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Homer

I can think of few people I know who are funnier than Homer from the show the Simpsons. Man he makes me laugh.

I know many think he is juvenile, and his humor is slow witted, and that the whole series is for children. Oh how wrong you are, children should not watch the simpson's. Well the rest is debatable.

One of my favorite exchange's is Homer at the Gun Shop buying a gun. I have it down loaded to my i-tunes and I hear it all the time. Make me laugh over and over. Each time for a different reason. The humor can be deep and politcal, or it's just simple dumb humor. People laugh at it for different reasons, and some just find it insulting. However I see it all, and I don't think he's too over the line. Anyhow so here is Homer in the Gun Shop:

Homer: Homer rapidly pulling the trigger of a unloaded gun in the gun shop.
Gun Shop Owner: WHOA...Careful there Annie Oakley.
Homer: I don't have to becareful I got a gun.
GSO: Well you'll probably want the accessory kit, holster
Homer: Oh yeah
GSO: bandoleer
Homer: Baby
GSO: Silencer
Homer: Mmmm Hmmm
GSO: Loudener
Homer: Ahhhhh
GSO: Speed Cocker
Homer: Oooo I like the sound of that.
GSO: and this is for shooting down police helicopters.
Homer: Oooo, I don't need anything like that...............yyyeeettt. Just give me my gun.
GSO: Sorry the law requires a five day waiting period. We've got to run a back ground check.
Homer: FIVE DAYS! But I'm mad now! oohhh, I'd kill you if I had my gun.
GSO: Yeahhh, well you don't.

Homer leaving shop mumbling: lousy big shot. Thinks he's a big shot because he has a lot of guns.
Homer in car mumbling: If he didn't have a lot of guns I'd show him a thing or two.
Homer in Lisa's room mumbling: If he walks into my store we'll see who's worried about a five day waiting period. (homer doesn't have a store)
Lisa being awoken: Daaddd, it's three AM. Can't you mutter in your room?
Homer: Marge kicked me out.
Lisa: eeeee, alright go aaahead.
Homer still mumbling: Pushy kids think they can tell me what to do in my house. I tell you parents these days they don't know how to rear children.

1 comment:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

The Simpsons were a regular watch at the Davis household until the children came along. Oh I miss those days. I actually owned SEVERAL Bart Simpson t-shirts. I think I still have them somewhere in the top of my closet. I also have a Bart Simpson doll on the shelf in my office.