Sunday, February 04, 2007

SLC

If I could live downtown in any US city Salt Lake has got to be in the top 3 for a bunch of reasons.

1) Mountain fun literally minutes away. (Skiing, Biking, Hiking, Snowmobiling whatever my vice)
2) Safe down town. Downtown SLC at 2am is safer than most cities at noon. Don't get me wrong there is scum in SLC, but somehow most of it is outside of down town.
3) The Utah Jazz a short walk, or free Light rail ride away.
4) U of U football and basketball a 5 minute light rail ride away.
5) Temple Square a Block or two away.
6) Shopping, Restaurants, Art, and Music and a thousand other things to do.
7) Price.

I saw this article about the City Creek development. If I were to move back to Utah I'd be putting in a strong argument for this development. I think the kids would love it.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660191903,00.html

2 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

I'm not sure about the worth of #4.

What about #8 - Close to the Davis'.

Oh wait, you never see them when you're here so that doesn't count

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

I'm not sure about the worth of #4.

What about #8 - Close to the Davis'.

Oh wait, you never see them when you're here so that doesn't count