Thursday, December 20, 2007

Yep, that's the One!

I tried to play a practical joke on my buddy Mike with the help of our friend Corey. I wasn't able to teach my class at church so I asked Mike if he would fill in for me. Corey was in the class with Mike and told me that when Mike speaks, sometimes he waves his middle finger around pointing at things, at someone, or to emphasize a point.

I knew this about Mike, and told him a long time ago my that my Grandma Kelly does the same thing. I remember as a kid my sister Steph and I would just about lose it when she did it, and I'm sure it came across that we were being disrespectful. Steph was, I wasn't. Good memory, love you GG. I'm sure they have Internet access in Heaven.

Anyhow back to Mike, so Corey called me and says "Hey lets play a joke on Mike, and he told me about the lesson and gave me an idea." So here is what Corey suggested, and what I did. I called Mike and left him a message. I explained , with a serious tone, that I debated if I should bring this topic up, but that Patrick had come home from church and complained that he thought Mike was being offensive and irreverent. I explained that Patrick was confused with Mike waving his finger around the room the whole time, and wasn't able to focus on the lesson. I finished asking that maybe he could just consider not using his finger while teaching, and maybe apologize to the boys.

So I got a text message from Mike on my phone later that night from Mike titled "This Finger." I opened it up, and bam. There's a picture of Mike's monkey length finger. I just about hit the floor laughing. Too funny. It's hard to pull a practical joke over on a practical joker.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Now that's funny!!

Angie said...

That's too funny!