Thursday, December 20, 2007

Santa!

Not a very good picture. I ran back into the house to get my camera. I love this Lodi tradition though. Sometime in early December the local newspaper publishes the route Santa is going to drive through Lodi. For a week or so he makes his way around town in the evening. We knew he was driving through our neighborhood on the evening of the 19Th.

So that night we listened for him. Around 7 or so we could hear the fire engine blaring, and Christmas music and Santa saying hello to the children who run out to greet him over the loud speaker. I think it was Georgia who was first to hear him. She screamed "SANTA, and ran out the door with the other kids chasing." He drives by at a walking pace with his helpers handing out candy. The best part was when Santa saw Georgia he said "Hi Georgia, have a Merry Christmas!" That was kind of magical.

Anyhow, I think it's a great small town tradition.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: