Monday, December 10, 2007

Fran's Resignation

A few months back a friend of mine sent in her resignation to our boss, and copied a few of us on it. I loved it so much I haven't wanted to delete it. I was cleaning my email and saw it again, and thought I would post it here because Fran McDonald is a "Kelly" (maiden name) from Kansas City. Her family has been in the Lenexa area for generations. I'm guessing we're related somehow, so that makes her part of the Clann. I want to post it because I liked it to much to delete forever. That being said, her letter:

Hi Everyone!

It has been a great privilege to know and work with each of you. I will miss you, and sincerely hope that we will stay in touch.

In the mean time...I hereby officially tender my resignation as a "grown up." I have decided that I would like to accept the responsibilities of a child again. I want to go to McDonald's and think it is a four star restaurant named after me. I want to see who can blow the biggest bubble. I want to think that M&M's are better than money because you can eat them. I want to drink Kool-Aid and eat Lemon heads with my friends. I don't want to change clothes because I got a little dirt on them. I want to enjoy every day like it's summer vacation. I want to return to a time when life was simple.. when you didn't know what you didn't know, and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all things that should make yo unworried or upset. I want to believe that anythng is possible. I don't want my days to consist of computer crashes and mountains of paperwork. I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs (especially grandchildren hugs), a kind word and the imagination.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause "tag, you're it".. I'm off to pick daises!

Fran

I hope Fran is enjoying, and surviving her new life style.

No comments: