Sunday, March 25, 2007

Nauvoo

I took a trip on Saturday to Nauvoo. I really wish I had the family with me. There is a ton to see. It was about a 5 hour drive from Chicago. Started early spent a couple of hours there, and got home late. I would love to post some of my own pictures however after driving three hours I remembered I took my camera battery out of my camera the night before to charge it. I had my camera, but no battery.

Tried to find a camera shop or a best buy, but there just doesn't seem to be any of those out there in the middle of Illinois. There wasn't much of anything out there in the middle of Illinois. It was beautifully empty.

I took the Freeway across Illinois, but I took the long way home coming back. Traveled small Highways from little town to little town. Every time I passed a barn I wanted to take a picture for Suzi. I saw thousands of barns. Suzi loves barns, and wants one herself. They have a ton of them out here.

http://www.beautifulnauvoo.com/
http://www.historicnauvoo.net/

No comments: