Friday, March 02, 2007

Mormon Gallup Poll

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/default.aspx?ci=26758&pg=1

I've heard these statistics quoted all over the place, but hadn't seen the results in total. I really didn't look at the methodology though.

I find it interesting, and funny. One thing I think pointing out is, well let me have you guess.

Guess which group had the strongest unfavorable opinion of Mormons when asked "All in all would you say you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of the Mormon religion?"
Let me give you a hint. The responses were broken down by region, political party, ideology, church attendance, and religion. Here's the hint: The group came out of the ideology section, and not the religion section.

Answer: Liberals. And it wasn't even close. 61% Oh, those liberals just are not as tolerant as they think they are now are they.

Guess which group had the most favorable opinion when asked the question. I'll give you another hint: It came out of the religion group this time.

Answer: Catholics 56% Here my simple insight to this statistic. You know how many times I've been asked after people count my kids, "So are you Catholic or Mormon."

I think it's fascinating.

No comments: