Sunday, April 16, 2006

Robinson's Tae Kwan Do Easter Egg Hunt

Suzi told me yesterday we were taking the kids over to the Easter Egg hunt at the Jr. High school here in town. She loves doing the whole civic thing. Parades, egg hunts, city runs, loves it all. So of course I'm game.

We get there and Patrick is the first to read the sign "Robinson's Tae Kwan Do Easter Egg Hunt", and he starts laughing. I see it, and I say to he and Sam you two are going to get you butts kick while trying to collect eggs. Sounds fun. It was a good laugh.

I will say the Easter Egg hunt to remember was when Sammy was a tiny guy and we lived in Lehi. We went to the city park there and they had a little section for 1-2 year olds. I told Sam "you're on your own here pal. You can do this". However, we the hunt started there were mom's dragging their children by there arm's to the location of a egg, and then the mom's would scream "PICK UP THE EGG!! PICK IT UP!! PUT IT IN YOUR BASKET!!!" I was horrified. I have no idea why every kid involved wasn't screaming their heads off! Sam just kind of wandered around getting an egg, maybe watching a mom yank a kid over to an egg he was close to finding. No biggie for Sam. Me, on the other hand 6 years later and I'm still wondering what that was all about. Maybe a little more talk about the resurrection, and a little less screaming at the child "PICK UP THE EGG!!! Works for me.

2 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

What kind of post is this?

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

That's better. We don't do the city/town/civic thing. Too many wackos out there