Monday, April 10, 2006

A box spring. That's all.

So I need a box spring. I start calling around, and searching the web and I get options like these: Sealy Posturepedic Amethyst SE Ultra Plush Euro Boxtop Twin Box Spring II, Sealy Beddington LX Firm II Twin Box Spring, Spring Air Extended Life® Twin Foundation, Sealy Beddington LX Firm II California King Box Spring, Spring Air Extended Life® King Low Profile Foundation. I'm not lieing look these names up.

Would you please re-read the names of these box springs. Oh my gosh these names are absolutelyly stupid. I have never in all my life seen anything with a longer names, ever. I thought these were just the things that go under your mattress. Maybe to lift your mattress up a little higher so it's easier to climb into bed, or possibly to lift up your bed high enough to keep your kids off of it. Oh no, I've got it all wrong, go talk to the mattress sales guy (or girl you tard) and he'll make you think you will never sleep ever again if you don't spend at least 2 billion dollars on a box spring. I kid you not. I think they should be called box springs, and if they want to get fancy, how about "a couple of boards with some steel springs". That would be shorter and more descriptiveve of what they actually are. Here's something neat as well, I did some reading on box springs and guess what; they are all made by the same company. One company makes all the box springs for all the big name mattress manufacturers. Basically there is nothing to them as well. How stupid is the whole thing. Sure this one company makes a range of box spring products, but I still think I made my point. Don't ask me about the price. It'absolutely ridiculous.

So I'm talking to this mattress sales guy (about mattresses, not a box spring, I'm illustrating a point here about mattress sales people), and he says " you really get what you pay for when it comes mattresses". I said "really", and he says "yeah". So I say, "So you think this (insert 16 word long name for mattress here) 1500 dollar mattress is better than this 850 dollar mattress". He says without thinking, "absolutelyly" and starts in on all the great features of the more expensive mattress. After he finishes, I say "so was the 850 dollar mattress was much better last week before it went sale from 1700 down to 850". He just stared a moment at me before he started in on "well.....(messes with price tag for a second) we're getting rid of that model". I was done with him.

I tried buy a box spring in a store close to my home on Saturday, and the sales guy wanted to charge me $300. Are you kidding me. I know it maybe a "Super Longnight Pillow Allington Extra Thick XPL III Fast 2 Sleep Honeycone Design Reinforced Steel Spring Sweet Dream Foundation" (Foundation sounds better than box spring), but I'm just not willing to pay 300 for what 5 cinder blocks and a piece of plywood could do for 20 bucks. Call me a hick from Placerville, fine. I'll take it. I'd rather be a hick from Placerville, than stupid from Beverly Hills.

So anyhow if you happen to have a cal king box spring call me.

3 comments:

Sean Ryan said...

Hey,
I think that you should use spell check every once in a while. Maybe you should reread your well written words, as to add commas and other necessary punctuation marks where needed. Just in case your 10 year old grammer genius reads this! Love, Suzi

Josh said...

I hear two single size box springs work for a regular King. If you are willing to use center blocks and plywood, a California King is 4 inches shorter and about 4 inches wider. That is not that big of a deal. I think the real question we all should be asking as we read this, is, why is the new box spring needed? I am sure there is a very good story behind that. Not that this story was bad, because it was a delightful read. Also this whole blog reads very well if you are from Placerville. If you are not, there are a few minor errors that your ten year old grammar genius could probably help you with. Maybe you should not have your grammar critic edit it though, because she can’t really even spell grammar. Really, all should be able to read and comprehend at the Placerville level. PS the Kelly clan Rocks! and Odoyle Rules! Josh

Anonymous said...

Hello..
a found a great place to find nice products at wholesale rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]discount code[/url]
Have Fun