Sunday, April 09, 2006

I Ordered My New Ride


I have four wonderful children, and that magic number rules out a lot of optionswhen it comes to car choices. I wish they would go back to the bench seat in front row of cars. Those were cool, and they added an extra seat. But as my brother Jimi use to say they added some birth control to cars by removing those and putting in bucket seats. Suzi Choose the car, and I got to choose the color. She might not know I ordered black. Our Current 2005 Grand Caravan is Silver. So I had to take it up a notch. You know it's hard to be tough in a minivan. It has the word mini included right in the title. Mini is not good. Please, I don't want to hear about how hot black is in the summer time, and how hard it is to keep clean, and that it's hard to see at night, and that there is black and there is white and there isn't any gray, and that you have a black mold in your shower and you can't get rid of it and that's bad, and that the bad guys in the old movies always wore black and they were the bad guys so that's bad, and that black holes are black and they certainly aren't any goodso that must be bad, and that there are black markets where you could purchase a kidney from some kid that was drugged in Vegas and had his kidney stolen from him and he was left in a bath tub full of ice with a note to call 911 and that's bad, and that black jack is a game where people lose a lot of money gambling and gambling is bad and by buying a black van I'm endorsing gambling and that's bad, and that when you were a boy you had a little black book but you didn't have any names in it because you were a loser and that's bad. I just don't want to hear any of it, so save it.
I happen to like the color.

3 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Killer "black" post, brother!

Sean Ryan said...

patrick-

Sean Ryan said...

patrick-

does that thing have a hemi?
we wente two the partty>.,?
inside joke