Sunday, November 09, 2008

Super Sam!

While everyone is about to leave, or leaving the dinner table.
Sam- Ok, ok, everyone hold it. I've got an idea. How about everyone clear their own plates from the table rinse them, and put them in the dishwasher.
Patrick- I already did.
Sam- No, you didn't. I saw you put in the sink.
Patrick- You can't prove that's mine.
Sam- Everyone still has theirs.
Patrick- So, I put mine in the dishwasher.
Sam- THE DISHWASHER IS EMPTY!
Patrick-...........hmm........since your standing there right next to it, how about you do it.
Sam- PATRICK PUT...
Me- Patrick, just do it.
Patrick- Ok.

I love Sam's sudden enlightenment. It's only been 6 or so years since he's been able to do this, and I love Patrick's "there is no way I'm doing this simple task" attitude. He's a good boy. Does what I ask him. Apparently not what anyone else wants him to do.

3 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Typical teenager. You've gotta love 'em but sometimes they are quite annoying. Take this morning..."JJ, can you empty the dishwasher?" "No problem, dad". 5+ minutes later, the dishwasher is just about empty. "Hey, I was going to do that."

Josh said...

Hillarious! those kids are great!

Maria said...

Ha! Your kids are too funny!