Monday, November 03, 2008

Back up your data

Over the last 3 years or so I've taken thousands of pictures. I thought "I'd better back up the drive." I went out and bought a back up drive. I ran it, but apparently not successfully?! I had no idea at the time. Not until I tried to load all of my data back onto my new hard drive. Well, sadly, I've lost everything it appears. Trying to figure out a way to save it, but things don't look very good at the moment. Unfortunately it isn't a software problem, it appears the hard drive itself broke down! Not good. If I have any good news I'll pass it along, but mostly I mention this as a warning.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Oh Sean...I am so sorry! I have a fear that my hard drive is going to crash on me one day...thanks for the warning. I hope that you can get them back.

dani said...

oh that's so sad:( sorry to hear that

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Darn it!

Jana said...

Oh Sean! that's Awful!!!!!!

Lydia said...

That is a bad day.