Monday, June 25, 2007

Suzi Loves The Farmers Market

This has to one of Suzi's top ten reasons to live in Lodi. All summer long on Thursday nights there is a party down town. Suzi gets all of her favorite foods, and she runs into all the people she knows.

Going to the mall in Utah was unbearable with Suzi. At least 45 minutes of the trip would be spent talking to 3 old friends of hers we would run into while we were there.

That is what the farmers market is, but it's not as bad here because I seem to know who all the friends are here. Or with a little explanation, "that's Sam's friend Jack's mom." That helps me to be a little more patient. I sort of know them

In Utah it was her friend from Jr. High who she hadn't seen in 20 years. (Don't do the math on that. I don't care if it's correct or not. That's not the point. Focus.) I just didn't feel like catching up with them Forgive me please.

What's a trip to the farmers market without some kind of treat.

Look! Behind Georgia, the lady with the brown pants. That's Judy Bogren, one of Suzi's friends. She was in Suzi's Primary Presidency. Just making the point that friends of Suzi's are eevvverrryyywhheerreee.....I didn't choose this photo for that reason, I just happened to notice that just now.

The food down town is a fun part of it too. Come hungry lots to eat.
Just the girls, Mom, and I this trip. Live Music is playing most of the night too. You can here it up and down the street. Makes for a fun atmosphere.
Rosewood there on the left is a tasty place to eat downtown. Suzi and I like it. Next time you visit well have to pick up dinner there.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I LOVE the farmer's market too!!....probably one of my top 5 reasons to live in No. California. Hopefully we can swing a visit on a Thursday night before it ends in September. We'll stroll down the middle of town with baby in tow -- feeding him peaches, nuts and slushies!!