Monday, June 25, 2007

Patrick Is Off To Scout Camp

He left early this morning, and he's gone for five days! I think I can hear Suzi up stairs crying.

His camp is out in the middle of NO WHERE! Camp Navarro. It looks like a beautiful camp. I'll be up to visit him when I'm working in the area later this week. I'll be working the Northern coast of California maybe an hour an half away from where he is at.

He's about 4 1/2 hour from Lodi. The drive in is horrible. It will make people who don't get car sick, car sick. Over an hour of turning back and forth. No straight roads. Ups and downs. Ugh make me sick to think about it. These aren't 35 mph turns these are 5-15 mph turns, and top speed on any part of the road would be 30 mph.

That camp is in the woods. It's the kind of woods that when I get in out in them I get a little uneasy. Great big tall Redwoods. Dark, and cold under their shadows. Big foot, or a mountain lion following me around.

1 comment:

suzi said...

Upstairs crying??? Crying tears of JOY that I won't have to drive him all over town this week. I will miss him and I worry about him because I LOVE him so much but he is a STAR scout and can take care of himself. Just think, you will be there next year ALL WEEK LONG with Sam and Patrick.Just camping, I know how much you LOVE to camp! Get ready happy camper.