Friday, August 15, 2008

Raccoons

Last night my dog is going crazy barking at 4:30 in the morning. So I jump my butt out of bed thinking someone is trying to get into one of my cars, or messing with my bike. I get out there and my neighbor came running in his underwear from the opposite direction. As I'm standing there next to my car I realize freaking raccoons are running all over the place. I start dance like I'm on hot coals thinking one of those buggers are going to dart out from under my car and bite me on the ankle. Of course, It all turned out ok, and the 4 of those Raccooons wandered off together. Actually they went into my other neighbors garage who had left it open by about 6 inches. I thought that was kind of funny. So anyhow, I start walking back up to bed, and I'm laughing because all I can think of is this raccoon that screamed at us (us being the Kelly's & Merrills) in Costa Rica while we were walking by some bushes in the dark, and how I took off. It scared me. It was loud like a dog in a fight. The image in my head of that moment is when I look back while I was running away was of my friend Joe doing some kind of funny dance with the stroller trying to create some separtion from the noise in the bushes 2 feet away. When I finally get back to bed I'm still laughing and Suz is asking what happened and why I was laughing, and of course I'm half asleep making no sense. "Joe was so afraid of that Raccoon, and John was in his underwear." Mixing the two stories together. Suzi "Joe who? and John was?" Joe Merrill, Yes he was, and it was funny." Suzi "What are you talking about?" "The Raccoons were all over, and the went into Frank's garage." At which point Suz realizes the fuss was about Raccoons and stops listening, and I continue to talk about Joe, John, and Franks garage. Raccoons are funny.

4 comments:

The NC Merrill's said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for the laughs.

Anonymous said...

Be nice to the neighbor!!

Maria said...

Great story! I wish I could of seen it!

Hazelhofer said...

you are a great story teller sean! That's funny, so did you ever hear anymore about the racoons the next day from your neighbor????