Friday, January 26, 2007

Heck yeah he's tough

Last week Sam and I drove down to Modesto for Sam's soccer games. He had one at 9 and one at 1:30. In order to be there we left the house a little before 7am. Little rough on the Dad having to get up that early on a saturday, however the games are fantastic to watch.

Sam had a goal in the second game. He should have had 2 had his coach let him shoot a well earned penalty shot. Sam out ran a defender with the ball, so the defender tripped him in the penalty box from behind. Sam fell on top of the ball, and got the wind knocked out of him. My philosophy at this age is to let the kid who earned it, shoot it. I'm not the coach, and I'm learning how to be a good parent and keep my mouth shut on such matters. It's just a little hard for me.

Tomorrow Sam has his games in Lodi, so Patrick and I will be hitting the road and driving to Turlock. That's past Modesto if your keeping notes, and Patrick's 1st game starts at 8:15.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: