Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"Life changing beans"

Suzi and I think it would be a great thing to add more beans in our diet to replace some other foods we'd like to drop. She happened across a simple recipe that I LOVED! When I tasted them I was blown away, and told her we have to have this more often. These are "life changing beans!" The kids all laughed, but I'm telling you they are great.  The next time you want to add white rice, or potatoes try these. I'm telling you, you'll dig them. Great source of protein without having to eat meat.

cannellini beans

• 1 cup cooked cannellini beans
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 2 tablespoons basil leaves, cut in narrow ribbons (chiffonade)
• 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced

No comments: