Saturday, September 20, 2008

Who me?

I got the weirdest phone call the other day. 

A number I didn't recognize called, I picked up and they asked "Is this Sean?"

I said yes, and he began to tear into me in a furry of swear words. Words that I don't hear that often, and certainly not being directed at me. Something about me driving "the kids around town in the car drunk." Me being a non drinker, I thought the whole thing was rather weird so I began to laugh.

Caller asks "Are you laughing at me?" I answer "Yeah, should I not be?" He responds "Not if you knew who this is, and what I'm going to do to you!" He included a few expletives that didn't necessarily make his point any clearer, just more humours. 

He asked me "Do you know who the @#$%^ this is?" 
Me "No, I have no clue who this is." 

Still laughing a little, but now thinking this isn't a practical joke. 
Caller, "This is your brother in law Danny." 
Me, Long pause "Danny........I've got a lot of brother in laws, but I don't think any of them are named Danny." 
Caller, another long pause "Is this Sean?" 
Me, "Yes this is Sean"
Caller, "Kendra's boyfriend Sean." 
Me, "OH, you're so close, but no my friend I'm not Kendra's boyfriend. I think you've dialed the wrong number and got another dude named Sean. That's kind of funny!" 
Caller, "You're not Kendra's boyfriend, is you're phone number ***-***9?" 
Me, "No, you're off by one digit." 
Caller, "Oh, sorry......" 
Me, "Yeah no problem, have a good night!" 
Caller, "Yeah"

I loved that I got the chance to wish him a good night. He was so worked up the whole time, until the last couple of exchanges. Anyhow, the last digit he dialed should have been a 9, and my last number is an 8. Too funny. 

3 comments:

Lydia said...

That sound just like you Sean. Someone calls and swears at you and you start laughing.

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

If it had been me, I would have played along as long as possible. "Hey Danny. How's it going? You coming over here later today?"

Josh said...

That is hillarious! I have a very similar story. I may have told you. some guy called me to tell me to stop messing with his woman. I thought it was a joke. I laughed and asked him what was he going to do about it. He said he was going to teach me a lesson and I told him I was going to teach him one first and then I realized this was not the person I thought it was I then told him he had no idea who he was talking to and he better figure it out. I decided to keep playing the tough guy. Everytime he threatened me I uped it one notch and told him I was going to do something even worse to him and he better firgure out who he was talking to. Long story shorter he hunng up called me back in about an hour apoligizing profusely and asking if I would accept his apology. I don't think he would have called back if he knew my stature. I love stuff like this. Makes for a good laugh. Love ya