Sunday, October 07, 2007

Rush Hour

http://www.eslus.com/Gizmos/rushour/rushHour.html

We have this board game called Rush Hour. It a brain game. The above link takes you to an online version of the game. Same exact game. I came outside to play it. Can stand trying to play it with Suzi and Patrick poking fun.

I was playing it today, while listening to General Conference (yes I can do both, well maybe not according to Patrick) and Suzi and Patrick sitting behind me were giggling as I slide around the cars trying to solve the puzzle. I started at level 1, and had been making my way forward.

Patrick would try reach over and help, every time I would pause to think. After a while that starts to get on my nerves. I would bite his head off, because that's perfectly Patrick. "Don't you see it Dad, all you have to do is...." "Patrick leave me the heck alone, I'm playing, don't need your help." "Well I made it to level 38, and your stuck on 11." "Well maybe I'm stuck on 11 because you won't shut your pie hole, and I can't think straight." Then he'd start laughing, and even though Suzi was sitting right behind me I can't hear her laughing too. The two of them just giggling together when I stop to think.

It was just grating on my nerves. No kidding I couldn't make a move without the two of them giggling. I couldn't think straight. Then Hannah walks in from up stairs, "Oh I love that game, need help?" "No I don't neeeeed your help." Patrick and Suzi laughing again, this time Suzi's laughing hard, like tears are coming. Then Patrick says to Suzi "watching him play this is like watching Luke (our dog) eat peanut butter.

Then the two of them lose it all together. I quit before I got hostile, it took Hannah another 20 seconds or so to finish it.

That's the problem around these parts. Everyone thinks they are the biggest genius.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I'm still waiting for the day when my kids can take me in Madden. I don't think it's ever going to happen, but we'll see...