Monday, October 22, 2007

Mom's

I remember as a kid in San Diego watcing the sunset with my mom while we were in her car. Steph, and I would be bouncing all over the back seat "Can we go? What are we doing? Do we really need to stop to watch the sunset? Can't you see that while your driving? There will be one just like this tomorrow. We see the sun is setting, let's go. How long is this going to take?"All the while Mom is trying to enjoy that moment. I'm not really sure how much she enjoied that moment then, but that moment is fun to joke about now 30 years later!

Sitting on the back deck with Hannah and Georgia in Gualala that experience was repeated. I was still doing the naging. Me: "Would you just look? Quite." H: "I am, I did, I will, Dad I want to...." M: "Hannah look, look, look, it's almost gone, seconds, just look.quite, quite." H: "DAD, I LOOKED! Why do we need to be quite?" M: "You have to look longer! It's almost gone! LOOK! It's peeking, LOOK!" H: "Hannah, fine, look it's gone, now what? Can I talk?" M: "Yes. You missed it." H: "No I didn't."


Good stuff.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: