Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Harry Reid

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695217196,00.html

I read this article, and thought about two of my favorite Democrat Mormons, Ryan Dopp & Josh Lichty.

It is kind of funny to me that, with all the Latter Day Saints that are Republicans there have been many popular Latter Day Saint politicains have been Democrats, some of which include:

Harry Reid- Current U.S. Senate Majority Leader
Dr. Martha Cannon Hughes- The first female Senator in American history.
William H. King- "He was a US Senator from 1917-1941. In addition he was the President Pro Tempore of the Senate from November 19, 1940-January 3, 1941, which is the second-highest-ranking official of the Senate and the highest-ranking senator and in addition third in the presidential line of succession."
...and many more.

Me, still probably not voting Democrat.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Sean, much Respect, much respect. I actually had read that article, it is very good. You might also want to know I am getting involved in the Democrat commitee here in Salt Lake. I actually just left the ethnic business conference. It was great. Like Harry Reid says no matter what party you are in you should get involved in your community. Great stuff Sean.

Ryan said...

There's no doubt about it. I might have to give a nod to Mr. Romney, though, in '08. That is, if he makes it. Otherwise, it is looking more and more like I will help put the Clinton's back in the White House.