Sunday, September 02, 2007

Seat Belt

Georgia: "Dad where are you going?" Me: I'm going to drop off Patrick." G: Put on your seat belt. M: Ok. G: Dad don't forget. Me: OK. G: Dad: Yeeess. G: I want you to say in your head "put on my seat belt, put on my seat belt, put on my seat belt." Until you put on your seat belt, OK?" M: Great ok, great, thanks, I will. Got to go. G: Bye, put on your seat belt.

I drove away about 20 yards, and Patrick said Dad I forgot I need _____. I can't remember what it was, so I backed up and pulled up to the curb. Patrick ran inside, and Georgia came flying out the door. Ran across the lawn smiling. Jumped up on the side of the car, looked in the window and screamed "DAD WHY ISN'T YOUR SEAT BELT ON!!" I didn't even lie. Didn't even try to have an excuse. Just put down my head, shamed by my 5 year old. I apologized, and she said "it's ok. Just do it" and ran back inside. Sheese.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I love this blog thing. Great stuff. I miss you guys. Georgia knows you don't wear your seat belt because that stupid beeping in your car. Did youi guys ever get a new car?