Monday, September 24, 2007

Flying

I decided to fly out early this morning to Chicago, instead of late yesterday, to be home for some church meetings.

Got out of bed at 3am. Ouch, my head hurts thinking about how long this day always is, flying back east. Hustled into the shower and got on the road. Checked email before I had to hit the road at 4am. Parked the car hurried into the airport to find out the flight has been delayed until 8am. I really was too tired care.

The part I love the most is when the ticket agent says, "you know the flights delayed until 8 don't you?" It implies that I should have known some how. Called, checked online, looked at a monitor, whatever. Somehow that statement makes me feel like she was trying to blame me for something. So I replied with a smile "I had heard this might be a problem catching this flight (which I had, all my peers flew back yesterday for this exact reason). How do you get this far behind this early in the day? A wing fall off?"

So here I sit. Ugh. With 8 other people sitting with their laptops plugged into the wall. They're probably all working. I'll have plenty of time to work on the plane.

With all that nuttiness said, I hope you all have a great week. Enjoy every moment you possible.

1 comment:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

What a whiner! Try going to bed around midnight only to get up around 4:30 and then catch a flight from Gothenburg to Paris, wait an hour or so and then catch a flight to Cincinnati, then one last flight to SLC. Now THAT'S a long day, partner.