Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ancient History

I'm sure someone thought that chandelier was just fantastic. When Suzi and I bought the house, it was the first thing I wanted to go.

However, due to it's difficulty to reach, I was unable to remove it from my home. I'm just a wee bit afraid of heights. After getting ready everyday the first thing I would see as I came down my stair case was that light staring at me. It was like it was taunting me; "look at me I'm still hanging here, and whatcha gonna do about it?".

Oh, I just wanted to jump up grab it and swing on it until it popped out of the ceiling.

When we first moved into the house I must admit that it had many more "crystals", as though that might have added some type of charm to that hanging piece of lighted poo.

I came home from work and found a football stuck up in the lamp. So I asked the boys how in the heck that ball got stuck up there. Apparently the kids used to throw things at the light to knock the crystals from the light. Then
claim the crystals were diamonds,and the girls would fashion them into some type of jewelry.

Please note that only one light bulb worked on the light. That's because for the last 2 plus years I've been thinking "I'm going to pull it down any second now, why change the light bulb". So our entry way has always been rather dark.


Well we finally found a nice light to replace the old light. It got hung, and I think it looks great.

However, something odd has happened. I see the old foe who use to greet me every day, the old foe that took punishing blow with footballs, broomsticks, and other object to steal it's prized gems. The old foe who made me cringe every time I turned it on and was only greeted with a tiny bit of light, and I feel sad to see it siting in a box in my front room ready to be tossed in the garbage.

I have decided to send it out of our house in a glorious Kelly fashion. Suzi, and I are deep in planning to decide whose front yard tree this lamp will soon grace. Once we get it hung with care pictures will follow on the blog. As long as there is trash, there will always be yard trashing.

1 comment:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

I can't wait for the picture (knowing that it will NOT be in my yard)