Thursday, June 29, 2006

Don't Worry! I Found My Car Keys.


I've been missing my keys for 4 days now. I accused Suzi of misplacing my car keys, because heaven knows I would never misplace my own keys. Ok, maybe it happens on occation. If I can't find my keys any where, it has happened that I can find them at the bottom of Suzi's purse. So that is what I did, and when it wasn't there at the bottom of her purse I was still certain she did it. She lost them. Not me.

Do you know how many times I have been wrong about things like this. You'd think after been wrong that often I'd learn. I'd stop pointing the finger. Nope not me. I'm a determined man. It's like gambling, you win just barely enough to keep you playing. I'm right just often enough to keep me accusing her. Sure I acknowledge the pattern of blaming her and being wrong often. I see my mental error in blaming her, but I think it's funny. She puts up with me. It works. She's happy with me anyhow. My fits aren't really that intimidating anyhow. With a smile she pats me on the head, and says "I'm sure you'll find them honey." I steal my van key off her key ring and go to work praying I won't lose my only key left on the planet to my vehicle.

Actually I have a drawn in a cabinet that I dump all my stuff in as soon as I walk in the door. My wallet, ring, keys, loose change, and watch all go in the drawer. If they are not there, I check the key hook. Sometimes I put them there, but not often. Suzi sometimes hangs them there because she uses the key hook. I come in the front door, and my drawer is closer to the front door. The key hook is closer to the garage where Suzi comes in, so she hangs hers or sometimes mine there.

Well Suzi found my keys. She found them in the bottom of the basket where we keep the movies. Oh you are so ready to blame me aren't you. Well I'm certain of this, Suzi didn't lose them. I didn't lose them either. It's one of the other four variables. Patrick, Sam, Hannah, or GEORGIA. We both guessed the last one is the guilty party. Yes she's cute, yes she's smart, but you might want to put you keys up high.

1 comment:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Love the picture!