Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ice Cream

Georgia, and I snuck out of the house about 8:45pm and headed to our local Baskin and Robins. Picked ourselves up some our favorite scoops, and headed home. We sat in the drive way chatting, sun was gone, moon was out, and the two of us just kind of working on our Ice Cream. Moments like that are some of my favorite moments in life. Just chatting with one of the kids, and listening to them talk about whatever they want to talk about. Georgia and I were talking about the moon, and the stars.

We couldn't take our ice creams inside, that would create a debate of some sort.

After getting done I tell her to hide the evidence toss it in the garbage before anyone sees you. I walked into the front room after hiding my ice cream cup. All three kids hanging out, it's summer vacation you know. "Hey dad where did you guys go?" Patrick asks. "I had to drop some stuff off at church." Which I did, and then Georgia comes into the front room behind me with her empty Baskin and Robins cup in hand, sticking it out way in front of her so everyone present can get a good look at it and says " AND BASKIN ROBINS!" Not very stealthy that one. It's not very often she gets to "rub in it" to the older guys, and when she gets a chance, she lets them have it. Made me laugh hard.

The rest of the kids all gave me a little grief, AWww, why didn't you get us some. They all get their little moments with Dad like that. Patrick and I went out earlier this week to In-N-Out, and Sam and I went out last week. Matter of fact it's Hannah's turn next. Georgia is a hoot though.

Now you might be thinking that's a little hard on the diet. It is, and it isn't. It's life. I've lost 16 pounds so far. Ice cream was dinner. When Patrick and I had In-N-Out, I didn't have fries or coke. A Burger wrapped in Lettuce, no Buns. You get use to it. I continue to lose week after week. No big hurry, just doing it right.

No comments: