Monday, October 20, 2008

Hannah Spoke In Stake Conference!

Hannah was invited to speak at stake conference, and she let us know she really wasn't that excited about it! I've never in my life seen anyone her age speak in a stake conference. I'm sure it's happened, but I don't recall it. 

For those of you who are unaware of what a stake conference is, it's a church meeting combining 5-12 congregations. In our stake there are about 10 different congregations, and the amount in attendance that day was 889 people (Suzi called to find out exactly how many people were there). The chapel was filled up, and they gym was filled to the back as well. 

Hannah was a little stress out, but we coached her a little. Sam told her it was a compliment, she didn't think so, at first. I told her that speaking in front of a crowd that size is like a roller coaster ride. "You get a little nervous before speaking just like standing in line at the roller coaster, while your speaking your heart is going to get pounding just like during the ride, and when you finish you get a big rush and you are really glad you did it." 

She did awesome. My favorite part was when she looked up for the first time, and paused and took a deep breath when she saw how many people were there. "It was filled up to the back of the gym!" She said she lost her spot when she looked up and saw how many people were there. She looked a little nervous, but not to the point where I ever doubted she wouldn't do a good job. 

In the end, she did fantastic! She just about made me pop I was so proud of her. I know plenty of adults who could not have delivered that talk as well as she did. Afterward I asked her what she thought of the whole thing and she said "Dad it was awesome!" I tell you that Hannah is a special one!

 

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow! That is awesome! I wish we could have been there to hear it. Way to go girl!

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

That is pretty darn cool. Something she'll always remember.

Maria said...

I wish we could of been there. I am sure she did an amazing job. She is a special girl!! Tell her good job and congrats from me!! We miss you guys!

Josh said...

WOW! Tell her she is awesome! She has some pretty awesome parents also. Happy Birthday! WE LOVE YOU!

Lydia said...

That's amazing, she is one brave girl.

Lydia said...

That's amazing, she is one brave girl.