Sunday, June 22, 2008

Get a dog.

Salesguy-Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.......blah.
Me- Huh.
Salesguy- Do you have the digital house alarm system.
Me- No. 
Salesguy-What kind do you have?
Me- I don't know? 
Salesguy- How much do you pay?
Me- I don't know.
SG- That seems to be the phrase of the day.
Me- Yeah, seems.
SG- Do you have to type in the code before you leave the house.
Me- Never do.
SG- You never activate your alarm?
Me- What makes you think I have an alarm.
SG- ?????
Me- That's just a sign in my yard that makes people think I have a system. Seems to do it's job since you thought I had an alarm. Costs me nothing.
SG- Don't you worry about people knowing that. 
Me- No, not really. 
SG- Why is that?
Me- Because I have an 80 pound crazy dog.
SG- Don't you worry about him biting people?
Me- No! I thought that was what he was suppose to do. Why would I worry about it?
SG- Has he ever actually bit people?
Me- 3 different people who didn't belong in my back yard.
SG- Does he stay outside?
Me- He moves in and out, and at night when we are sleeping he tells me about people in my front yard. He does a great job. He' s smart, he knows our friends, and he knows when and where people belong and don't belong. He's a thinking alarm system. 
SG- Hmmm.
Me- Just give me a monthly price and I'll ask my wife.
SG- It's ????? cents a day. (I can't remember)

He was a nice college kid from Oregon St. Really did his best, and did a good job. It's hard to sell door to door. I left out a lot of the conversation. It was at least 100 degrees in the front yard where we were talking, and he was out there hitting it hard. I would hire a kid like him eventually. Love the people who have horrible jobs, and do them well. Tells me they are hungry.  

No comments: