Tuesday, August 28, 2007

We Just Call Him Sam

Others may call him Mr. Quick, Flash, Speedy, but we around the house call him Sam. Sam is currently the fastest half miler in his school as a 5th grader. Seems there is quite a few 6th graders looking up to Sam when it comes to speed.

It's fun to have him come out and practice with my soccer team. The kids on the team are 7th and 8th graders and none of the can run away from Sam. He closes on all of them. These are big big kids, 3 kids on my team are taller than me. His stride is a thing of beauty. Even with the ball at his feet he can hang with them.

Last night at practice he asked me if he could jump in a pick up game with the team. I watched him get by a kid with a quick step over that made me laugh out loud it was so pretty. Then he just ran by the big kid as he was trying to regain his balance.

Just Sam.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Josh said...

Now that is a good boy right there!