Sunday, August 12, 2007

My New Office


Back in May I started a make over for the garage. I posted some pictures of my work bench that I had riped out.

Well the make over is still in progress with well over half being completed.

In the first slide you see the beginning of the project where I have almost complete demo of the work bench.

In the second slide you can see that I no longer have shelves that are attached to walls. All my shelving, work spaces, drawers, and anything used for storage is on wheels. One, because sometimes I need a little more space here or there. I can move things around to make it all fit. Two, because it's easy to keep clean. I can move things away for the wall and clean it spotless in minutes. I have also put a new epoxy coating on half the garage floor.

In the 3rd slide you can see my new office looking in from the patio. In the first slide you can see the "back garage door" which is now my new "office door". I put a new office in the corner of my garage. It still leaves me enough space to fit my trailer, and a car in the garage (once the project is complete).

Slide 4& 5 are stepping into the office.

6&7 are with my office stuff all in the new office.

Things I love about the new office:

I love the A/C unit I put in the wall. ICE COLD in a minute. That unit is for a space 800 square feet. My office is 130 square feet.

I love that I will no longer have people running through my office to get to other parts of the house.

That being said I have notice that maybe they don't run though the office, now they just come in and stand. Maybe they say things like, "MAN it's cold in here!" or "What are you working on?" or "Why are you listening to that kind of music? It's Sunday you should be listening to church music or classical music" (I'll give you one guess who said that, did you guess? Of course it was Georgia, the little rule enforcer) or.......your not going to believe this but as I was typing this very sentence Sam walked in and said "Ohhh, it feels good in here" and sat down on the chair across the room, and Hannah followed him by 2 seconds and said "I won't say anything I'm just going to sit over here." Sam left now (due to the presence of Hannah no doubt), and Hannah is going through books, and pictures, and now she's reading her book. Anyhow maybe no one will be running through but it looks like I will be getting visitors for sure.

Anyhow I'm excitied about my new work space. You'll have to come check it out. Throw up a cot and it will make a good guest room.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Can I sleep on the floor in your new office? It sounds like I could still enjoy being woken up by a body slam by one of the kids. That is number one of the top ten reasons to stay at the Kelly's.

Josh said...

So, I just read this post made a comment then pressed play. I was in my office which is a library, and the stupid sound is up all the way and every client in the office turns and looks at me, I'm sure thnking what an IDIOT! It was pretty funny.

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

nice office, buddy