Monday, November 20, 2006

I love Suzi!

Suzi, and I got to bed early last night ago. We were both so excited to be in bed early! It had been a long day, and the bed was clean with new sheets. Suprisinzingly the kids were quite quickly too.

Our room was a little cool, and the bed was perfectly comfortable. Suzi, and I were talking about how great it was too be in bed. She had just commented on the how nice it was to be in bed with the bed just being made when out of the blue she said "I love you." And of course I responded with "I love my bed." Whoops.

Well that didn't go over to well. I tried to explain it was an accident, and that she just can't throw in a "I love you" when we were just talking about the bed, and I started to fade out to sleep, and perfectly snugged up in my bed, and then expect me to respond to a change of conversational gears like that! Well, actually she actually does expect me to handle a change of conversation like that. Doesn't seem right to catch me off guard like that.

Well I've been getting my butt kick all day! Stuff like:
Me: "Suz that was a great dinner thanks"
Her: "I love my bed".

Or, Me: "I'm going to run to Ace hardware OK?"
Her: "I love my bed".

Or, Me " You want me to get the phone?"
Her: "I love my bed."

It's so random too. She doesn't do it all the time. Most times she's just perfect Suzi, talking all normal and stuff, and then wham! "I love my bed."

So this is just a note to all my boys out there. You might want to stay on your "A game" when it comes to your wife tossing around the "I love you" hand grenade. If you don't toss it right back it's going to blow up in your face. Then you'll be paying for it for days with no real good way to make up for it. She says a multi-carrot diamond ring could help. It's going to be a while.

No comments: