Sunday, February 15, 2009

99 & 1

Gave a talk in church today. I went way too long, but I enjoyed it. Spoke on Luke 15:4-7

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine ain the wilderness, and go after that which is blost, until he find it?
  5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
  6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
  7 I say unto you, that likewise ajoy shall be in heaven over one bsinner that crepenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

My favorite quote was from Elder Wirthlin:
The Lord did not people the earth with a vibrant orchestra of personalities only to value the piccolos of the world. Every instrument is precious and adds to the complex beauty of the symphony. All of Heavenly Father’s children are different in some degree, yet each has his own beautiful sound that adds depth and richness to the whole.

Nice

2 comments:

Suburban Monkey said...

Great Scripture! Great Message! Amen.

Maria said...

Wish we could of heard the whole thing but thanks for the short version! I am sure it was fabulous!! Great scripture!