Sunday, October 22, 2006

Who?

Sam and I were watching the Cardinals play the Mets recently. Sam is a big Cardinal fan. Cut out the Cards line up in the news paper and keeps it close to him when they are playing. Wore his Cardinals hat, and shirt to school on Jersey day. Usually they have to wear their school uniform.

I said to Sam "My Uncle Jim maybe at the game. He's a big Cardinal fan too." Sam said "Really?" I said "Yeah, Uncle Jim loves them, and I think he goes often."

Georgia was standing next to me, and she said "WHAT?" With a big confused looking face. So I explained again that my Uncle Jim is a Cards fan, and maybe he's at the game. She says confidently "no he's not!" Straight faced, and clear. It made me laugh because it caught me so off guard. I thought why does she have such a strong opinion on the matter.

I love when Georgia disagrees with something. She's so sure of herself. I don't even try to argue with her. She's made up her mind.

So I said "I don't know for sure if he's there, or not. I just know he's a big fan and he lives in the area." She said "well I thought Uncle Jim was in Heaven", and she said it with a tone like I didn't know what the crap I was talking about.

We were of course talking about two different Uncle Jim's.

No comments: